SQL Tutorial - Complete guide for Beginners
SQL tutorial covers all the basic concepts of SQL language.
SQL stands for Structured Query Language
- SQL was developed at IBM and it was initially called “Structured English Query Language” (SEQUEL) and It was pronounced as “sequel” .It was shortened to SQL – “Structured Query Language”
- It is Structured Query Language for storing, manipulating and retrieving data stored in relational database.
- SQL is the standard language for Relation Database System. All relational database management systems like “MySQL, MS Access, Oracle, postgres and SQL Server” use SQL as standard database language
- Major operations on a database are known as CRUD operations i.e., Create, Read, Update and Delete and are a widely used database in the technological world.
- Oracle SQL is a very powerful and diverse database language use to storing data into databases. SQL is loosely typed language so you can learn easily.
What This Tutorial Covers ?
SQL tutorial covers all the basic concepts of SQL language, for example creating database and tables, constraints, adding records to a table, selecting records from a table , updating and deleting records in a table, Different Joins , Indexes , Views etc.
Finally, you’ll come to know some advanced concepts, for example modifying the existing table structure, performing aggregations and grouping data together, creating views to simplify and secure table access, creating indexes for tables, handling dates and times, cloning of an existing table, as well as, concept of SQL subqueries and SQL injection.
Each topic is covered clearly and concisely with many practical examples so that you can both truly understand the concept and know how to apply it to solve the data problems more effectively.