Katalon Studio Introduction, features and Setup
What is Katalon Studio?
Katalon tool is a free-licensed tool released in 2015 with a selenium based engine.
Katalon as a tool is a powerful ,robust automation tool which is can be used as a solution to automate:
- Desktop apps
- Provides smart analytics
- CI/CD integrations
Katalon is an automation testing solution provided by Katalon LLC.
The software of katalon is build on top of the open source automation frameworks like Selenium, Appium with specialized IDE interface for web, API, mobile and desktop application testing.
Katalon as a single tool provides various features:
- Automate web testing
- Automate Mobile testing
- Web Services(API) testing
- Can do record and playback
- Easy identification of locators
- Cross browser testing
- Code-less experience for beginners
- Built in project templates
- Easy integration to continuous development and continuous integration tools like git, qtest, jira etc.
- Advanced reporting and analytics.
System Requirements for Katalon setup are as in below table:
|Operating System||Windows 7 ,8,10, macOS 10.11+|
|CPU||1GHz or faster|
|Memory||1 GB RAM (32 bit) or 2 GB RAM(64 bit)|
|Hard Drive||Minimum 1 GB available hard disk space|
Steps to download Katalon Studio:
- Go to the official site to download the tool https://www.katalon.com/
- Create account by clicking on Start for Free button
3.Enter details and verify the account by clicking on the link sent on your email.
4. Login and click on “Free Download” button to download Katalon’s latest version.
5. Once downloaded, copy it in C:drive and open it from there. Click on the Katalon application.
6. That’s it. It is an easy setup. You are now ready to explore and automate using Katalon and its wonderful features