Katalon Studio create and execute test suite
Test Suite in Katalon Studio provides capability to create suites or collection of test cases using which you can run test cases together.
What is a Test Suite in Katalon Studio?
- Test suite is a collection of Test Cases that are arranged logically.
- Test cases that are grouped together can be different or duplicate.
Steps to Create a new Test suite:
- Got to Menu bar and navigate to File→ New→ TestSuite
2. Window to enter details of test suite open. Enter Test suite name and description(optional).
5. Now add test cases to the test suite , you can achieve this by either going to the test case directly and click on “Add to Test Suite”
6. All test cases selected are displayed in the Test Case browser dialog box.
By default, the checkbox corresponding to all test cases is selected.Based on the test case you want to run as part of test suite can check/uncheck test case.
Test suite execution and settings
To specify additional settings while executing a test suite, add configurations for test suite execution by expanding the Execution Information
Set Execution Settings:
- Set Timeout
- Set retry count
- Add mail recipients
- View last run report
Set implicit Timeout
You can set the timeout period for which Katalon needs to wait for a page to load using the timeout option.
- User default : takes default value
- User define: User defines the timeout value(in seconds)
Retry in Test Suite settings
- Retry option in the test suite allows you to again execute the test case in case in the previous run the test case did not pass successfully.
- You can retry execution immediately after failure of the test case or after all test cases execution is completed.
- It also allows you to set the retry count
- Mail Recipients option in test suite allows you to enter email id to whom execution report should be sent once the execution is completed.
- You can add single or multiple email ids.