Create and execute Test Suite Collection in Katalon Studio
What is Test Suite Collection ?
- Test Suite collection is a list of test suites. One or many test suites are added to make a test suite collection.
- Allows to logically arrange test suites.
- You can execute test suites in sequence or in parallel using test suite collection settings.
- Allows you to run test suites on multiple browsers and environments
Steps to Create a new Test Suite Collection
- You can create a test suite collection by navigating to Test Suite in Tests Explorer and then right click . Go to New → Test Suite Collection
Go to file → New → Test Suite Collection
2. Enter Test Suite Collection Name and click on Ok.
3. Open the collection and add test suites by clicking on the Add button. It opens the Test Suite Browser window which provides the option to add test suites available .
4. Select the checkbox corresponding to the Test suites you wish to add and click on OK.
5. You can execute collection by clicking on Execute button.
Test Suite Collection execution settings
To specify execution mode while executing the collection , whether to run test suite one after the other or parallely select the options provided in the execution information.
Execution Information in Test suite collection has Execution mode which has two options:
- Sequential : on selecting this the test suite will run in a sequential manner , one after the another
- Parallel : Test suites will run parallelly
Test Suite Collection Fields
Test suites are added to the collection.You have the ability to change the execution of the test suite to different browsers, environments and using different configurations.
Test suite collection provides below options:
- Run With: allows to select the environment(browser)
- Run Configuration: configure extra information for execution like executing on mobile with specific configuration
- Profile: execution profile that has variables defined
- Run: select which test suite to be included.