Difference between SDLC and STLC | SDLC vs STLC
In this article, we will understand the comparison between STLC and SDLC (SDLC vs STLC) and detailed description of Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing Life Cycle.
What is SDLC?
- SDLC stands for “Software Development Life Cycle”
- It is the process of planning, creating, testing and deploying.
- It should result in a high quality system that meets or exceeds customer expectations, reaches completion within time and cost estimates, works effectively and efficiently and is inexpensive to maintain and cost effective to enhance.
Different phases of SDLC-
- Requirement Phase
- The project can continuously loop around until it is perfect.
- It helps us to avoid project risks
- The project is designed with clarity.
- It will be properly tested before being installed.
- It doesn’t conclude until all the requirements have been achieved
What is STLC?
- STLC stands for “Software Testing Life Cycle”
- Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) identifies what test activities to carry out and when to accomplish those test activities.
- The STLC should ensure a smooth and successful rollout for each new release.
Different phases of STLC
- Requirement Analysis
- Test Planning
- Test Analysis and Design
- Test Environment Setup
- Test Execution
- Exit Criteria Evaluation and Reporting
- Test Closure
Why STLC ?
- The project team should also understand and agree to the core testing priorities
- Different activities are carried out to improve the quality of the product.
- The work completed in the execution phase results in a higher quality software release
Difference between SDLC and STLC (SDLC Vs STLC)
|Development Life Cycle||Testing Life Cycle|
|It includes the development of software including testing and other phases.||Related to the testing of a software project.|
|Business Analyst will gather requirements and developer will perform the development.||Testing team will check the software from the functional or non-functional point of view.|
|SDLC is intended for the journey of successful software development.||STLC is needed to find any pitfalls or shortcomings in the testing phase.|
|Here, the actual code is developed as per the design structure emphasised.||In STLC, the behaviour of developed modules |
will be tested and verified.
|SDLC phases are completed before the STLC phases.||STLC phases are performed after SDLC phases.|
|Requirement Analysis |
Test Analysis and Design
Test Environment Setup
Exit Criteria Evaluation and Reporting