Static Analysis | Static Code Analysis| Static Analysis by Tools
- Static code analysis is performed early in development, before software testing begins.
- Static analysis identifies defects that cannot be found through dynamic techniques
Static analysis identifies dependencies and inconsistencies in code
- Prevents defects, if root cause analysis is performed
- Referencing a variable with undefined values
- Improper declaration of variables
- Dead or Un-Reachable Code
- Missing logic, etc.
Static Code Analysis Techniques
Static Code Analysis Techniques addresses weaknesses in source code that might lead to vulnerabilities.
There are various techniques to analyse static source code
- Data Flow Analysis
- Control Flow Graph (CFG)
- Taint Analysis
- Lexical Analysis
Static Analysis by Tools
- Static Analysis can be automated using some tools.
- It used to find defects in Software code without executing the code but the tool itself is executed
- Developers mostly use these tools.
- Helpful in debugging and component testing.
Please refer below link for a list of tools for static analysis
Benefits of Static Analysis by Tools
There are several benefits of static analysis tools. Good static analysis tools offer speed, depth, and accuracy.
Developers takes time to do manual code reviews. If developers do code analysis by automated tools ,so it is much faster.
You’ll get an in-depth analysis of where there might be potential problems in your code, based on the rules you’ve applied.
Manual code reviews are prone to human error but automated tools are not.
Advantages of Big Bang Integration Testing:
- Consists of completed and checked modules
- It is extremely suitable for small systems.
- The main advantage is that everything is finished before integration testing starts.
Disadvantages of Big Bang Integration Testing:
- There is a high chance of missing some critical defects, which might pop up in the production environment.
- It is very difficult to cover all the cases for integration testing
- Causes delay because you would have to wait for all the modules to be integrated.