Selenium WebDriver Download and Installation
This article will present you with a complete idea about selenium WebDriver download and installation.
2. Accept the license agreement and select the ‘JDK’ file to download based on the system requirement.
3. Once installation is complete, Open command prompt and type “java -version” and hit enter , you will see the installed Java version on your command prompt.
2. You should be able to download an exe file named “eclipse-inst-jre-win64” for Setup and double click on the .exe file
3. After successful completion of the installation, a window will appear.Click on Launch Button.
5. To configure the workspace, select a location where you want to keep all of your Selenium projects or files and click on Launch button.
6. It will launch the default interface of Eclipse IDE.
Download Selenium WebDriver
- Click here for download Selenium WebDriver for Java Client Driver and download driver for JAVA language.
2. Extract the files named “selenium-java-3.141.59”. which consist of all the required jar files for creating the test scripts in Java.
a) Configure Libraries in Eclipse IDE:
- Launch Eclipse and Create Java Project by navigating through File > New > Java Project.
2. Enter the Project Name and let’s say ‘MyFirstProject’ (you can give any name as per your convenience).
3. Select other fields as per below screen and click on finish.
b) Create a Package
- Right click on created Project and select New – Package
- Enter Package name as “myPackage”
c) Create a class
- Right click on created Project and Select New – Class
- Enter the Class Name and click on Finish. Lets say Class Name is “Class1”.
d) Add external Selenium Jars
- Right click on the newly created project and Click on Build Path > Configure Build Path’.
2. Select Libraries Tab and click on ‘Add External Jars’
3. Select all the jars as per below images and click on Open
4. Add Jars present in Parent folder and jar which are present in lib sub folder
5. Click on the “Apply” and then “OK” button .
so Installation and configuration part of Selenium is completed.